Table of Contents
Cinnamon Waffles: The Perfect Recipe
Cinnamon waffles are a treat that many people love and you might find yourself craving them every once in a while. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what cinnamon waffles are, how to make them, and some of the best recipes for these mouthwatering treats.
What is a Cinnamon Waffle?
A cinnamon waffle is a breakfast pastry that typically consists of a waffle ironed batter that is then coated in a mix of cinnamon and sugar. The mixture is then poured into the waffle iron and cooked. The waffles are then served with syrup on the side.
A cinnamon waffle is also a dessert that typically only consists of two ingredients – a waffle iron and syrup ( like molasses). Some may question if a cinnamon waffle is even a real food or if it should be called a ‘dessert.’
The term breakfast pastry tends to raise eyebrows among those who are on diets or restricted calories; however, this type of breakfast pastry can be enjoyed by anyone.
The Origin of Cinnamon Waffles
The origins of cinnamon waffles are unknown, but they likely hail from Europe. Cinnamon is a popular flavor in Europe and Americans often add it to their waffles for a little extra flavor.
Cinnamon waffles are also popular in Sweden because of the country’s love of ice cream.
What are the Benefits of eating Cinnamon Waffles?
For centuries, cinnamon waffles have been revered as a breakfast staple. Whether it’s for their sweet taste or their health benefits, people love cinnamon waffles. Here are the six best reasons to start enjoying them:
1. They’re Sweet and Crispy: Cinnamon waffles are known for their sticky and crispy texture. This makes them perfect for breakfast or dessert.
2. They’re Low in Calories and Fat: One serving of cinnamon waffles contains just 111 calories, 7 grams of fat and 2 grams of sugar.
3. They’re Good For Your Stomach: Eating cinnamon waffles can help relieve stomach pain and inflammation.
4. They’re A Good Source of Fibre: One serving of cinnamon waffles has 3 grams of fiber, which is more than most fruits and vegetables. This helps keep you feeling full throughout the morning.
5. They Can Help You Lose Weight: Studies have shown that people who eat cinnamon waffles tend to weigh less than those who don’t. This is likely because they contain high amounts of healthy nutrients like fiber and starches.
6. They Make a Perfect Breakfast Option: When it comes to breakfast options
How to make Cinnamon Waffles?
Cinnamon waffles are a delicious and easy way to get your morning breakfast fix. This recipe is simple to follow, and it will result in waffles that are light and fluffy.
The Cinnamon Waffle Ingredients are:
1 3/4 cups milk
1 Tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
4 Tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp cinnamon
To make the flour mixture, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs to a medium bowl and whisk together. Dry ingredients should be combined with wet ingredients. Leave a few small lumps (a few are fine). Give it five minutes to rest.
You can use any type of batter for these waffles, but we recommend using a mix of all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Once you have the batter prepared, it’s time to set the waffle iron to the proper temperature. We recommend using a temperature of between 200 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit for perfect results.
Once your waffle iron is heated, add 1/2 cup of oil to the cooking surface and wait for it to heat up before adding your batter. Be sure to flip your waffles halfway through cooking so that they cook evenly on both sides.
Enjoy your cinnamon waffles! If you are looking for a more savory type of waffle try out this cauliflower waffle recipe
Another Type of Cinnammon Waffle
Cinnamon waffles are a type of Belgian waffle that is made with cinnamon and sugar. They are often served with syrup or cream, and can be a breakfast or dessert.
Next up, we have Jaffles! These are authentic Belgian-style waffles made from yeast dough (yeast is what gives your bread its rise). The process is similar to making brioche but if you’re not familiar with any of that, don’t worry!
The process is incredibly simple, and you’re probably already familiar with the ingredients, so I’ll give a quick rundown of what you’ll need:
-A digital kitchen scale
These are extremely important for baking any sort of bread or pastry. The measurements are in grams, since we’re dealing with yeast dough (which is basically flour + water) which has to be measured frequently as it rises. You can use either a tablespoon or a teaspoon measure (as long as it’s 5 milliliters / 1 fluid ounce). If your Kitchen aid has an imperial measures setting, this is how the recipe is written. If not, just remember that anything less than 2 tablespoons = 1½ teaspoons = 15 grams.
This is how you make them:
1. Beat the egg with an electric beater until fluffy.
2. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and add the melted butter to it.
3. Add the flour and milk in two batches, and mix everything well until you get a smooth batter.
4. Whisk the eggs with a handheld electric mixer, then add them to the batter in two batches after each addition.
5. Finally, whisk once again before using your waffle iron.
When it comes to breakfast, nothing beats a delicious cinnamon waffle. They are simple to make and even easier to love, making them the perfect choice for a quick and easy meal any time of day.
Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or savory, there is definitely no wrong way to enjoy a Cinnamon waffle!