Curried Cauliflower Chickpeas: The Perfect Fall Meal
When it comes to legumes, chickpeas are one of the most versatile. They can be used in soups, salads, and even roasted as a snack like curry cauliflower chickpeas . And while they’re often associated with Indian cuisine, they can really be used in a variety of dishes.
One of our favorite ways to use chickpeas is in a curry. This Curried Cauliflower Chickpea dish is packed with flavor and perfect for a weeknight meal. If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, the Buffalo Chickpea Salad is a great option. And if you’re in the mood for soup, this Chickpea Soup is sure to hit the spot.
No matter how you use them, chickpeas are a delicious and healthy option that are sure to please everyone at the table.
In this article we are going to share 4 recipes that we love:
– Curried Cauliflower Chickpeas
– Buffalo Chickpea Salad
– Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
– Chickpea Soup with Pumpkin.
What are curry chickpeas cauliflower and How to Make Them?
This curried cauliflower chickpea dish is a flavorful, hearty, and healthy meal that is perfect for any night of the week.
It is made with cooked chickpeas, spices, and cauliflower that is simmered in a curry sauce. The dish is then topped with fresh cilantro and served with rice or naan bread.
-1 can chickpeas
-1 tablespoon oil
Add 1 can of coconut milk
-1 teaspoon cumin seeds
-1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
-1 teaspoon ground coriander
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
-salt and pepper, to taste
-fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to prepare:
1. To make curried cauliflower chickpeas, start by cooking the chickpeas in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
2. Then, drain them and set them aside.
3. Next, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut milk.
4. Add the spices and cook for a minute until fragrant.
5. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes until it is tender.
6. Finally, add the chickpeas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve with rice or naan bread and enjoy!
How to Make Buffalo Chickpeas Salad
If you’re looking for a hearty, yet healthy salad to enjoy this summer or even winter, look no further than this Buffalo Chickpeas Salad! Filled with nutritious ingredients like chickpeas and kale, this salad is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
And the best part? It’s tossed in a flavorful buffalo sauce that will have your taste buds begging for more!
How to make your own Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo sauce ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne peppe
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and black pepper to taste
How to prepare:
In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together butter and vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
To make a delicious Buffalo Chickpeas Salad follow our recipe below.
Buffalo Chickpeas Salad Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 bunch of kale, chopped
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
How to prepare:
1. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
2. Add the chopped kale and blue cheese crumbles.
3. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
If you want to make it even more hearty, you can add chicken or tofu to the salad.
Ways to Cook Chickpeas Soup and Recipes
There are many different ways to cook chickpeas, so you can always find a recipe that fits your taste.
One great way to cook chickpeas is to make a soup. Chickpea soup is hearty and filling, and can be made with a variety of different spices and ingredients. You can also add other vegetables to the soup, such as carrots and celery, to make it even more nutritious.
If you’re looking for a lighter option, you can try roasting chickpeas with spices. This makes a great snack in your soup or even as a side dish. You can experiment with different spice combinations to find one that you like best.
Chickpeas Soup recipe:
– 1 cup cooked chickpeas
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 lemon, juiced
How to prepare:
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the cumin seeds, coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute longer.
3. Add the chickpeas and stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Stir in the parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute longer. Serve hot.
If your prefer a more creamy soup you can always simmer in some sour cream or coconut milk. If you prefer a to make a dish that is easier on the stomach you should try bok choy soup.
Spiced Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
This delicious and healthy recipe for spiced roasted chickpeas is the perfect addition to your next meal! Spiced Roasted Chickpeas Recipe:
Add 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp sea salt
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt.
3. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
We’ve looked at a few different ways to cook chickpeas, and they all have their own unique flavor. The curry cauliflower chickpeas were our favorite, but they were all pretty delicious. We hope you enjoy them as well.
Whether you’re looking for a simple way to add protein to your diet, or you’re looking for an exotic dish to impress your friends, there’s a chickpea recipe out there for you. So get cooking and enjoy!