Casserole with Kielbasa: An Easy Way To Serve A Crowd
When you’re looking to feed a crowd, but don’t have time to create an elaborate dish or stand in the kitchen cooking for hours, casseroles are a perfect solution. This article provides a simple recipe for casserole with kielbasa that takes very little time and planning to make!
What is a Casserole with Kielbasa?
A casserole with kielbasa is a dish made with kielbasa, a type of Polish sausage, as the main ingredient. It is usually made with sauerkraut, potatoes, and onions, and is often served with bread or rolls.
A kielbasa casserole is a great way to entertain a crowd. It is easy to make and can be tailored to your guests’ tastes. You can control the level of spice in the dish, as well as the amount of fat and sauce. This dish is also hearty and filling, making it a great option for a winter dinner party.
Kielbasa casseroles can be enjoyed by people of all ages and genders. This food is usually served at family gatherings or large get-togethers that include a crowd of your friends and family. The dish is often made when the host wants to serve a hearty meal, but doesn’t want to go through the trouble of creating an entire meal by themselves.
Why use kielbasa in a casserole?
Kielbasa, a Polish sausage, is a great addition to any casserole. It is high in protein and has a robust flavor that will stand up to any other ingredients you add. It is already cooked, so all you need to do is heat it up and add it to your dish. Kielbasa is also very flavorful, so it will give your casserole a great taste.
Ingredients needed for Kielbasa Casserole Dish
This dish is perfect for a large group because it can be easily multiplied. SAll you need are the ingredients showed below and some good cooking mood, then add everything to a casserole dish and bake. When ready to serve, top with shredded cheddar cheese (optional).
This hearty casserole is comfort food at its finest!
2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
6 kielbasa sausages (good quality)
6 rashers (rindless streaky bacon, cut into 2.5cm lengths)
2 onions (medium, thinly slices)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (or chilli powder)
400 grams chopped tomatoes
300 mL chicken stock
2 Tbsp. tomato puree
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. muscovado sugar (dark brown)
1 tsp. dried mixed herbs
2 bay leaves
4 sprigs bay leaves
4 sprigs fresh thyme
100 mL white wine (or red, optional)
400 grams butter beans
1 mixed beans
500 grams mature cheddar (shredded)
ground black pepper
How to prepare:
1. Fry the sausages gently in a large non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of oil for 10 minutes, turning every so often until nicely browned. Remove from heat and transfer to a oven tray or flameproof casserole dish.
2. When the bacon pieces are crisp, add them to the sausages.
3. Over a medium heat, stir often while frying the onions for five minutes until they start to soften. Add a little more oil if there is not enough fat in the pan.
4. As soon as the onions turn pale golden-brown, add the garlic smoked paprika or chili powder and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
5. The potatoes or rice, tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and herbs should be stirred in at this point.
6. Bring to a simmer the wine or water.
7. Add the beans, sausages and bacon to the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. When the potatoes or rice are done pour it all in a oven dish and top it with the shredded mature cheddar and pepper.
9. Bake till the cheese is melted or slightly crispy.
Conclusion on Casserole with Kielbasa
When it comes to feeding a large group of people, few things are as convenient as casseroles. It’s easy to make and can be easily customized to your liking. This dish is hearty and filling, and can easily be tailored to please a variety of tastes. For our casserole with kielbasa, we’ve added in some extra veggies to make it a little more nutritious. But rest assured, this is still comfort food at its finest!