Table of Contents
Celery Snacks: Gourmet Celery Snacks, The Way They Were Meant To Be
Celery snacks are a great source of fiber, protein, and micronutrients. They’re also a fun way to enjoy the taste and smell of celery all day long! From pickles to crackers, there are so many delicious types of celery snacks that you’ll want to snack on them all day long. If you love celery as much as we do, then this is the article for you!
What Can we Consider Celery Snacks?
Celery snacks are a type of gourmet celery that is meant to be eaten as a snack. Celery snacks are typically made from celery that is boiled, then dried and sometimes seasoned. These snacks are also known as celery sticks or celery puffs. Typically made in North America and Western Europe, but can be found in many other parts of the world as well.
How to make celery snacks
Celery snacks are the perfect way to enjoy celery without having to add any extra flavors or ingredients. Celery is a great source of fiber, vitamins A and C, and potassium, so these snacks are a healthy way to snack on the veggie. Here are four easy ways to make celery snacks:
1. Cut celery into thin slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until celery is crispy.
2. Cut celery into sticks and saute in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly softened but still crisp. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Cut celery into circles or stars and dip in seasoned flour or cornstarch before deep-frying in hot oil or butter. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
4. Spiralize celery using a vegetable spiralizer and serve as is or dip in your favorite dipping sauce.
Different types of celery snack recipes and their nutritional information
If you’re looking for a celery snack that’s not just crunchy, but also has a bit of flavor, you should try one of these gourmet celery snacks. Each recipe is nutritious and delicious, and they make a great afternoon snack or light dinner.
Classic Celery Snack: Crispy Fried Celery
This crispy fried celery is perfect for any crunchy snack lover out there. It’s made with celery, olive oil, and sea salt, and it comes out crispy and delicious. The celery is also healthy because it contains vitamin A and potassium.
2 cups cooked celery, drained and cooled
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
How to prepare:
In a shallow dish or plate, combine the flour and salt. In another shallow dish or plate, heat the olive oil until hot. Dredge the celery in the flour mixture until coated. Then deep-fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot!
Cheecky Spicy Buffalo Celery Snack
This spicy buffalo celery snack is perfect for those who love their sav ory, spicy, and tart snacks. It is also full of vitamins A, B6, and C.
2 cups celery with leaves
Tablespoon hot sauce
3/4 cup dairy-free milk such as rice milk or soy milk(microwave to soften the celery before making)
1/4 teaspoon powdered mustard
dash of sea salt
How to prepare:
In a bowl, combine parve ingredients until smooth. Place in the microwave for 3-5 minutes or until it is soft enough to spread on bread.Enjoy that healthy snack with your friends!
Are celery snacks healthy?
Celery is a popular snack food, but are celery snacks healthy? Celery has been linked to health problems in some people, so it’s important to read the ingredients and make sure that the celery you’re eating is safe.
Here are five celery snacks that are delicious and healthy.
1. Celery with blue cheese dressing: This celery snack is a great way to get your daily dose of protein and calcium. The blue cheese dressing gives it a tangy flavor that will complement the celery perfectly.
2. Celery with roasted red pepper sauce: Roasted red pepper sauce gives this celery snack a bit of heat, which will add flavor and spice. You can use any other type of sauce or dip for this recipe, so feel free to experiment!
3. Celery with hummus: Hummus is a healthy alternative to traditional condiments like mayonnaise or jicama. It’s loaded with nutrients and is low in calories, so it makes a great addition to any celery snack recipe.
4. Celery with roasted garlic: Roasted garlic gives this celery snack an amazing flavor profile that will tantalize your taste buds. The crunch of the celery will be enhanced by the garlic and can be enjoyed with any dip or sauce, including hummus.
5. Celery with almonds: Almonds are a fiber-rich, healthy ingredient that will help keep you satisfied while enjoying your celery snack. They are rich in protein as well and will provide you with energy to power you through your day.
6. Celery with lemon juice: Celery is great on its own but adding a bit of lemon juice will give it an amazing citrus flavor that makes it all the more enjoyable to eat!
Celery is one of those vegetables that most people don’t think to enjoy as a snack. But celery snacks can be quite tasty and satisfying, and they can also offer a variety of health benefits. In this article, we have explored some gourmet celery snacks that you can make at home and enjoy guilt-free. We hope you enjoy them!