Table of Contents
Miso Sushi: A Guide To The Best Miso Recipes
Miso sushi is a Japanese sushi with a reputation for being salty, savory, sour and a bit sweet. It’s one of the most popular dishes in Japan, eaten mostly as a breakfast food to start your day off right.
Miso recipes have exploded in popularity lately, but in order to make the most out of this omnipresent food, it’s important to know how to eat it properly. Miso recipes are versatile enough for any meal- breakfast, lunch or dinner- and can be perfect for everything from noodles to salmon.
There is a great variety of miso sushi recipes and we’re going to cover the best here!
If you’re in the mood for some delicious Japanese cuisine, then look no further than miso sushi! This type of sushi is made with a fermented soybean paste called miso, which gives it a unique and flavourful taste.
There are many different ways to enjoy miso sushi. One popular way is to make it with black cod. The cod is marinated in miso, mirin and sake, and then grilled to perfection. Another popular variation is sea bass miso sushi. The sea bass is also marinated in miso, but it’s steamed instead of grilled.
If you’re looking for something a little different, then try miso chicken sushi. The chicken is marinated in a sweet miso sauce, and then grilled or roasted. No matter how you enjoy it, miso sushi is sure to please your taste buds!
What dishes can you make with Miso sushi?
If you’re a sushi lover, then you’ve probably had your fair share of miso soup. But what about miso sushi? This unique dish is made with a fermented soybean paste that’s commonly used in Japanese cuisine.
Miso sushi is typically made with whitefish, such as sea bass or halibut. The fish is marinated in a miso-based sauce, then wrapped in rice and nori (seaweed).
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try making your own miso sushi at home. All you need is some sushi-grade fish, miso paste, rice and nori sheets. Simply marinate the fish in the miso paste for a few hours (or overnight if you have the time), then cook the rice and wrap everything up in the nori sheets.
If you’re not into fish, don’t worry – there are plenty of other ways to enjoy miso sushi. You can try using chicken, tofu or vegetables in place of the fish. And if you really want to mix things up, you can even use fruit! Just be sure to use a sweet miso paste so it balances out the natural sweetness of the fruit.
Black Cod Miso Recipe
Black cod is a delicious type of fish that is often used in miso sushi recipes. It has a rich, buttery flavor that pairs well with the savory taste of miso paste. This dish is relatively simple to make and can be a great option for a quick and easy meal.
1/4 cup miso paste
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sake
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 (6-ounce) black cod fillets
1/4 cup vegetable oil
How to prepare:
1. Combine miso paste, mirin, sake, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; let stand for 1 minute. Cut fish into 4 equal pieces.
3. Divide miso mixture evenly among the cod fillets, spreading over the top of each piece.
Sea Bass Miso
We love sea bass miso! This delicious dish is made with fresh sea bass, miso paste, and a variety of other seasonings. It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal, and you can make it in just a few minutes.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy recipe, look no further than our sea bass miso. This dish is packed with protein and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids, making it a great option for those looking to improve their health. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be on the table in no time.
Give it a try today!
-1 pound sea bass fillets
-3 tablespoons miso paste
-1 tablespoon rice vinegar
-1 teaspoon sugar
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon grated ginger
-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
How to prepare:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add sea bass fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
3. Remove fish from pan and add scallions. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
4. Add miso mixture to pan and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
5. Return fish to pan and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
This chicken dish is marinated in a sweet and savory miso sauce, then grilled to perfection. It’s perfect for a summer cookout or an easy weeknight dinner. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
1⁄2 cup light miso paste
1⁄4 cup honey
3 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, for garnish
How to prepare:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together miso paste, honey, mirin, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil until smooth. Add chicken breasts to the bowl and coat evenly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Oil the grill grate. Add chicken to the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
4. Remove chicken from grill; let rest 5 minutes before cutting into 1-inch slices.
5. Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Or wrap the sprinkled grilled chicken in rice and nori (seaweed) to make a delicious meat sushi!
Miso sushi is a delicious way to enjoy your favorite sushi flavors. With the right recipe, you can easily make miso sushi at home. We hope our guide has helped you learn everything you need to know about making miso sushi. From the best recipes to the perfect ingredients, we’ve got you covered. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!