How To Make The Perfect Barbacoa Taco
All things Mexican are generally considered to be delicacies among foodies, but the super-savory barbacoa taco is no exception. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, this article will teach you how to make the perfect barbacoa taco so that everyone can enjoy a close approximation of this feast meal.
Now, even though barbacoa is typically very labor-intensive and takes days to prepare, it’s definitely something worth the work! No one can ever get tired of tacos, and definitely not the most perfect taco named: Barbacoa Taco!
What is a Barbacoa Taco?
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, barbacoa is a spicy beef dish that is typically made of cow or lamb. In Mexico, the food is often cooked with a special sauce called chipotle chile (not to be confused with the more common dried chile). This particular meat-based dish originated in Oaxaca and Puebla.
The barbacoa taco is a Mexican dish consisting of beef or lamb barbacoa wrapped in a soft tortilla. The barbacoa is slow-cooked in a pit or smoker, and the flavors are wonderful.
Some common additions to the barbacoa taco are avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
Recipe for the Perfect Barbacoa Taco
Barbacoa tacos is a delicious way to enjoy a great beef dish. Barbacoa is a popular Mexican dish that is made from slow-cooked beef that is marinated in achiote and spices. It is usually served as a taco or burrito filling, but can also be used as a main course.
This recipe for the perfect barbacoa taco will give you the perfect explosiveness in your mouth with each bite. We will show you how to make barbacoa tacos using simple ingredients and techniques.
First, you will need some beef shoulder or brisket. You can use any type of meat, but the more fatty the better for barbacoa.
The results are sure to be a hit with your guests!
1 pound of flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
8-10 soft corn tortillas (6-7 inches in diameter)
Sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges
How to prepare:
1. To begin, season the meat with garlic, onion powder, cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper. 2. 2. Then place it in a large container or plastic bag and pour in enough water to cover the meat. 3. 3. Marinate the meat in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to cook the barbacoa, preheat your oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
5. Place the beef on a baking sheet and roast for 3 hours or until cooked through.
6. Let cool slightly before slicing into thin strips and serving as tacos .
Barbacoa Taco Toppings
The perfect barbacoa taco starts with a delicious and tender piece of barbacoa. For the toppings, choose your favorite condiments to give the taco a unique flavor profile. Here are some ideas to get you started:
-Salsa: A classic salsa is a perfect addition to any barbacoa taco. Choose a variety of hot peppers for a kick, or go for a milder option like tomatillo salsa.
-Guacamole: Guacamole is also a great way to add flavor and texture to your taco. Make sure to use fresh ingredients to get the best results.
-Tortilla Chips: Tortilla chips are the perfect finishing touch for any barbacoa taco. They add crunch and saltiness, and can be topped with anything from sour cream to salsa verde.
Alternative Ways to Serve a Barbacoa Taco
When it comes to tacos, there are so many ways to enjoy them. But sometimes, you want something a little different. That’s where barbacoa tacos come in. There are so many options that it makes it easy to create the perfect taco filling.
Here are four alternative ways to serve barbacoa tacos:
– Breakfast: Barbacoa breakfast tacos are the perfect way to start your day. If you’re looking for a hearty, delicious breakfast option that can be eaten on the go, look no further than the barbacoa taco. If you add some baked bacon and eggs, you’re well on your way to a great start to your day.
– As an appetizer: Stuff some warm tortillas with fresh shredded barbacoa and grilled vegetables, then drizzle with your favorite salsa.
– Part of a main course: Serve up some barbacoa on soft tortillas with loads of creamy avocado sauce, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes.
– Use as a side dish: Add some barbacoa to your favorite bowl of beans or Rice for a hearty meal.
– As a dessert: Top your favorite sweet tortilla with rich caramelized onions and whipped cream cheese, then finish off with some chopped barbacoa brisket. You can even drizzle honey over it if you like!
Barbacoa Taco Calories
When you are looking to make the perfect barbacoa taco, it is important to keep in mind the calorie content. A single barbacoa taco can be packed with over 1,000 calories, so it’s important to be aware of how many calories you are consuming when eating one.
Many people choose to make barbacoa tacos without any toppings, allowing the meat to speak for itself. However, if you want to add some extra flavor and nutrients to your tacos, there are many options available. For example, some people like to add avocado or salsa verde for a bit of texture and flavor. Others prefer to load their tacos up with cilantro and diced onions for a more noticeable flavor profile.
Whatever toppings you choose, it is important to be mindful of the calorie content. If you are trying to keep your calorie intake low while enjoying some delicious barbacoa tacos, be sure to choose wisely!
Barbacoa tacos are arguably one of the most popular meat tacos in Mexico, and for good reason. It’s succulent, flavorful, and can be cooked to perfection using just a few simple ingredients. Barbacoa taco is definitely one of those foods that truly deserves its reputation.
If you’ve never had it before and are craving it: go ahead and make yourself a barbacoa taco! You wont regret it!