Scallop recipes: the best ways to cook this delicious seafood
Whether you’re in the mood for a comforting risotto, pan-seared scallops, or special occasion dish like bacon wrapped scallops, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Read how to cook scallops with these easy cooking tips from our food experts!
Seasoning ideas for your scallops
Seasoning your scallops is an easy way to add a touch of flavor and enhance their natural seafood taste. There are a variety of ways to do this, so find what you like and stick with it!
Here are some seasoning ideas to get you started:
1. For a simple salt and pepper mix, try using sea salt he scallops themselves.
2. Try adding garlic powder, onion powder, or black pepper to the water before cooking.
3. If you want to go all out with flavors, use a spice rub made from herbs and spices such as thyme, rosemary, and basil. You can also make your own by mixing together oregano, sage, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
4. Of course a squeeze of fresh lemon juice can brighten up any dish and add a nice tangy taste to your scallops.
4. Finally, add a bit of sweetener like honey or maple syrup to the scallops in order to add some caramelization and sweetness to the finished dish.
Experiment until you find something that you love!
Scallops wrapped in honey glazed bacon in the oven
Wrapping scallops in bacon in the oven is a great way to cook them quickly and easily. You can broil or bake them, and either way they will come out delicious tender and the bacon crispy. Just be sure to preheat your oven before you start cooking, so that the bacon doesn’t burn.
-12 slices bacon
-1 teaspoon honey
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wrap the scallops in the bacon( or pancetta) slices, making sure that each piece of bacon overlaps the scallop, so make a x form of the bacon to wrap the scallops in.
3. Place the scallops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Whisk together the lemon and honey.
5. Glaze the bacon with the lemon and honey glaze.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are cooked through.
7. Serve hot!
A more versatile way to cook scallops
Looking for a more versatile way to cook your scallops? Try cooking them in bacon grease! This simple method takes just a few minutes and yields delicious, crispy scallops.
If you’re new to cooking scallops, start by heating some bacon grease in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the bacon is melted, add the scallops to the skillet and cook until they are browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Risotto with scallops
Risotto is a popular Italian rice dish that is made by slowly cooking Arborio rice with stock, often using either shrimp or scallops as the main ingredient. It can be prepared in a variety of ways, but the traditional version features a creamy and hearty texture due to the use of heavy cream and sauce.
One way to prepare risotto is by adding scallops to the mix. This recipe features fresh scallops that are sautéed until they are soft and then added to the risotto along with some Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. The risotto is finished off with a touch of heat from fresh ginger, which elevates the dish even more. Those looking for a delicious and elegant meal should try this delicious Risotto with scallops recipe!
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 small onion, chopped
Add 1 garlic clove, minced
-1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
-1 cup Arborio rice
-2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
-4 large scallops (about 1 pound), cut into small pieces
-Parmesan cheese, for serving
How to prepare:
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
3. Stir in the ginger and rice and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
6. Add the scallops and continue cooking until they are cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese on top.
Pan seared scallops recipe
Pan seared scallops are a popular seafood dish that can be enjoyed at any time of year. They are also a great way to show off your culinary skills. In this recipe, you will use spices to give the scallops a delicious flavor.
You will need to first season the scallops with salt and pepper before cooking them in a hot pan. Once they are done, you will serve them with a sauce that combines honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
This recipe is easy to follow and will result in perfect scallops every time.
– 6 scallops
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon chili flakes
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-1/4 cup honey
-1 tablespoon rice vinegar
How to prepare:
1. Season the scallops with salt, chilli flakes and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add the scallops to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
4. Add the soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar and let it simmer of 3 minutes.
5. Serve the scallops with the sauce on top of some rice or risotto.
What are hokkaido scallops and how to make them delicious
Do You Know What Hokkaido Scallops Are? Japanese scallops are often called Hokkaido sea scallops. Hokkaido scallops are a type of marine scallop that can be found in the Sea of Japan. They are often considered delicacies and can cost quite a bit due to their high quality. There are few scallops that can match the size, meatiness, and flavour of these scallops – they are truly exceptional.
-1 cup of flour
Add 1/4 cup of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
-1/4 cup of milk
-2 tablespoons of butter
-1-1/2 pounds of fresh or frozen hokkaido scallops
How to prepare:
1. Place the scallops into the milk mixture and let them soak for 3-5 minutes.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
3. In another shallow dish, melt the butter or margarine.
4. Dip the hokkaido scallops into the flour mixture until coated on both sides.
5. Then dip them into the melted butter or margarine until coated on both sides again.
6. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Place the soaked scallops onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until they are golden browned in color.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook scallops, smoked scallops are a great option. Simply smoke them over wood chips or alder bark for about 20 minutes, and they’ll be perfect.
Not only are smoked scallops easy to cook, they also have a unique flavor that is hard to find in other preparations. The smoky taste is accentuated by the bacon fat, and the result is an incredibly delicious dish that everyone will love.
If you’re new to cooking scallops, smoked scallops may be the perfect way to start. They’re simple to make and require only a few ingredients, so there’s no need to worry about any complicated prep work. Plus, they’ll come out tasting great every time!
There’s nothing like a good scallop dish, but it can be a bit tricky to cook them perfectly. This recipe for scallops and bacon is easy and straightforward, requiring just 10 minutes of your time. The combination of the bacon’s smoky flavor and the delicate texture of the scallops makes this an excellent option for any busy night. Give it a try tonight and see how you enjoy it!