Tahini Chicken: The Flavorful Dish That’s Packed With Good-For-You Nutrients
Tahini is a great addition to any dish that you want to give an extra dollop of flavor, and it’s also packed with good-for-you nutrients. In this article we’ll explore recipes for tahini chicken dishes, the flavor that tahini brings to the dish, and how you can use other ingredients to replicate the taste of tahini.
When it comes to cooking with tahini, chicken is a great option. The tahini adds a flavorful depth of flavor to the chicken, and the dish is packed with healthy nutrients. Plus, it’s an easy dish to make ahead of time and reheat for a quick and healthy meal.
What is tahini shawarma sauce (or recipe)?
Shawarma is a Levantine dish of meat cooked on a rotating spit and often served in pita bread. The word ‘shawarma’ actually comes from the Turkish word çevirme, meaning ‘turning,’ referring to the way the meat is cooked on a spit. Shawarma can be made with chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey. The meat is usually marinated in a mixture of spices and yogurt before being cooked.
The tahini shawarma sauce is what really gives this dish its flavor. The sauce is usually made with tahini (sesame paste), garlic, lemon juice, and yogurt. Sometimes other ingredients like cumin or chili powder are added to the sauce to give it a little extra flavor.
This is what you need for a basic Tahini Shawarma Sauce.
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom (or cloves)
1 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice and the tomato paste.
2. Stir in all the herbs.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve over cooked chicken or lamb shawarma.
Condiments to add to your homemade tahini shawarma sauce are:
A healthy Miso Tahini Dressing for Salads
A Miso tahini dressing is made with tahini (sesame paste), miso paste, rice vinegar, and water. It’s perfect for drizzling over salads or using as a dipping sauce.
Not only is miso tahini dressing incredibly tasty, but it’s also packed with nutrients that are good for your health.
– You can make miso paste from fermented soybeans and it’s a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins B6 and K.
– Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds and is a good source of healthy fats, calcium, and iron. And rice vinegar is a good source of antioxidants.
How to Make Miso Paste
If you’re not familiar with miso paste, it’s a fermented food made from soybeans, salt, and koji (a type of fungus). It has a salty, umami flavor and you can use it in a variety of Japanese dishes.
Making your own miso paste is actually quite easy, and only requires a few ingredients.
– 1 cup soybeans
– 1/4 cup salt
– 1/2 cup koji
How to prepare:
1. To start, soak the soybeans in water overnight.
2. The next day, drain the beans and transfer them to a pot.
3. Add enough water to cover the beans and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for about an hour, or until the beans are soft.
5. Next, add the salt and koji to the pot and mash everything together until it forms a paste. You can use a food processor to make this step easier.
6. Finally, transfer the paste to a clean jar or container and store in the fridge. It will keep for several months.
Now that you know how to make miso paste, you can use it in all sorts of recipes. Try it in soups, stews, sauces, or even just as a seasoning for vegetables. It’s a versatile ingredient that will add depth of flavor to any dish.
Miso Tahini Dressing Recipe
This flavorful dressing is packed with good-for-you nutrients and is perfect for a healthy meal. You make it combining miso paste, tahini, and rice vinegar, and this gives everything a delicious umami flavor.
1 tablespoon miso paste
Add 1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
How to prepare:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, tahini, rice vinegar, honey (if using), and water until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. If you’d like a richer dressing, add the sesame oil.
3. Use immediately or store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
So go ahead and give miso tahini dressing a try. Your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!
How to make tahini sauce with yogurt
To make tahini sauce with yogurt, you will need:
1 cup tahini
1 cup yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding more or less yogurt. Serve with grilled chicken or fish for a delicious meal!
What is the difference between tahini and tzatziki?
Tahini is a sauce made from ground sesame seeds. Tzatziki is a sauce made from yogurt, cucumber, and garlic. Both are common in Middle Eastern cuisine, but tahini is more commonly used in North Africa and the Levant, while tzatziki is more common in Greece and Turkey.
You can make tahini from hulled, roasted sesame seeds that you ground to a paste. You mix the paste with water and lemon juice to create a sauce. Then you can use tahini as a dip, spread, or condiment.
You make tzatziki from yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. You mix the ingredients together and leave them to marinate so the flavors can blend together. Tzatziki is commonly served as a dip or sauce.
A healthy Tahini and Cauliflower Snack
A healthy tahini and cauliflower snack without chicken is a great way to enjoy your favorite Mediterranean flavors without all the fat and calories. This dish is also vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly. Simply roast the cauliflower in the oven with a little olive oil and sea salt. Then, prepare the tahini sauce by whisking together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and water. Drizzle the sauce over the roasted cauliflower and enjoy!
Follow our healthy tahini and cauliflower snack recipe.
1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
3 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
1 small bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 lemons, juiced and zested
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Spread the cauliflower florets out on a baking tray and drizzle over the tahini, cumin, coriander, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked through and slightly charred around the edges. Serve hot.
When it comes to tahini, there’s no doubt that it’s a flavor-packed and nutrient-rich food. From its ability to help improve heart health to its cancer-fighting properties, tahini is truly a superfood. If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dish to add to your meal rotation, tahini chicken is a great option. Packed with protein and healthy fats, this flavorful dish is sure to satisfy your hunger and leave you feeling nourished.