How To Make Perfectly Crispy Carnitas Quesadilla
Every kitchen needs a recipe for shredded carnitas, especially if you are looking to throw a Mexican fiesta! In this article learn how to make the best Carnitas Quesadilla and a shredded carnitas fajita recipe.
How to Make Carnitas Quesadilla
Do you love carnitas? Do you love quesadillas? Then this recipe is for you! The carnitas are perfectly crispy and the quesadilla is filled with flavor. You can also make shredded carnitas fajita style for a delicious meal.
We all love a good carnitas quesadilla, but making them perfectly crispy is a skill that takes some practice. Follow our tips and you’ll be able to make delicious quesadillas in no time!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, heat up some vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your pork Carnitas and cook until they are crisp and golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Next, spread some refried black beans on each of 4 Tortillas. Top with equal portions of the cooked Carnitas and plenty of melted cheese. Then fold the Tortillas in half and place them in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and becomes crispy. Serve immediately.
The Difference between Carnitas Quesadilla and Carnitas Fajitas
The best way to enjoy carnitas is to make it into a quesadilla or fajita.
For quesadillas, you will want to choose a soft tortilla, such as an egg or corn tortilla.
To make a fajita, you will want to use a harder tortilla, such as a flour or corn tortilla.
There is no one definitive answer to the question which tortilla is best for Quesadilla or fajitas. It depends on what kind of tortilla you are using and how you plan on cooking the Carnitas Fajita Recipe. For quesadillas, softer tortillas are usually best because they hold up better to the heat and can be flipped more easily. Harder tortillas can also be used in a fajita if you don’t mind them being a bit harder to eat.
Carnitas Quesadilla Recipe
How To Make Perfectly Crispy Carnitas Quesadilla and Carnitas Fajita Recipe
1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4-pound) pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup prepared salsa
8 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 avocados, halved, pitted and diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to prepare:
1. Combine 1 Tablespoon of the oil with garlic in a large bowl.
2. Add pork and toss to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper; reserve remaining oil mixture.
4. In a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil and heat until shimmering. 5. Add half the pork to skillet; cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally.
6. Remove pork from pan; set aside.
7. In same skillet, add reserved pork and repeat cooking process with 2 additional batches (batter will not be cooked through).
8. Return browned pork to the skillet along with reserved reserved oil mixture; season with salt and pepper.
9. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. For a Carnitas Quesadilla place the filling in a tortilla, fold it in half. Top it with cheese and bake till it is soft crispy.
11. The tortilla should be treated like a soft shell taco for the Carnitas Fajita so you can put the most filling inside and the most toppings on top.
To Serve: Divide pork into 4 portions. Top each portion evenly with Greek yogurt, diced avocados, and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Tips to cook the Carnitas Quesadilla a different way
If you’re looking for a delicious and crispy quesadilla or fajita recipe, but don’t want to ruin your meals with the traditional frying method, try one of these modifications!
1. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of cooking oil. Add the carnitas quesadilla or fajita to the skillet and cook until they are evenly browned all over. Flip them occasionally and cook for another 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, salsa, cilantro, and garlic powder. Once the carnitas quesadilla are cooked through, spoon the egg mixture over them and fold them into the meat until everything is coated. Serve hot!
3. If you’re using shredded carnitas as your quesadilla filling, start by heating a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and then add the pork to it. Cook until it is evenly browned all over and then remove it from the pan using a slotted spoon.
4. To make the quesadillas, place 1/2 cup of the shredded carnitas in between two tortillas and top with 1/4 cup of the salsa, three cheese slices, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, and 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa (you can use this as a delicious salsa topper if you want). You can also add avocado slices if you like.
If you love carnitas and quesadilla alike, then our recipe is for you! By following these simple steps, you can create the perfect crispy Carnitas Quesadilla every time. Not to mention, it’s a delicious and easy meal that everyone in your household will love. Just remember to preheat your oven before beginning so that everything comes out perfectly crisp and golden brown. Bon appetit!