Southern Fried Cabbage: A Delicious Recipe To Try This Weekend
Southern style, or ‘soul’, food is all about comfort. And, what could be a more comforting dish than a big pot of steaming cabbage and sausage? Or what about southern fried cabbage?
Have you ever had southern fried cabbage? If not, you’re missing out on a delicious and healthy dish! This is a traditional recipe for fried cabbage and sausage, and it’s perfect for a quick and easy meal. The best part about this dish is that it’s packed with flavor and nutrients, so you can feel good about eating it.
Give it a try this weekend!
Southern Fried Cabbage
When it comes to Southern cooking, there’s nothing quite like fried cabbage. This dish is a staple in many homes, and for good reason. Fried cabbage is easy to make, and it’s absolutely delicious.
There are many different ways to fry cabbage, but the most popular method is to simply fry it in a large pan with some bacon fat or butter. Once the cabbage is nicely browned, you can add in some smoked sausage or ham for even more flavor. And if you want to give it an extra kick, try adding a tablespoon or two of hot sauce to the pan.
No matter how you make it, southern fried cabbage is a true comfort food that is sure to please everyone at the table. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re in the mood for something hearty and satisfying.
Southern Fried Cabbage Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage, cored and chopped
1/4 cup (60 ml) bacon fat or butter
1/2 pound (225 grams) smoked kielbasa, sliced (optional)
1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
Salt and black pepper, to taste
How to prepare:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the bacon fat or butter.
2. Add the cabbage and sausage to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the cabbage is nicely browned.
3. Add the chicken broth and apple cider vinegar to the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Fried Sausage and Cabbage
This is a quick and easy dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. It is a great way to use up leftover cabbage and sausage. This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
Add 1 pound of sausage
-1 head of cabbage, chopped
-1 onion, chopped
-2 tablespoons of oil
-salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
3. Add the cabbage and onion and cook until tender.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Indian Recipe for Cabbage
Looking for a delicious and easy recipe to try this weekend? This indian recipe for cabbage is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a Indian dish. This recipe is healthy and full of flavor, and can be made in just a few simple steps.
To start, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in a chopped onion and cook until softened, then add in a minced garlic clove and cook for an additional minute. Next, stir in a head of chopped cabbage and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Once the cabbage is cooked, stir in a teaspoon of curry powder and salt to taste.
Here our detailed overview of the steps to follow.
-1 tablespoon oil
-1 onion, chopped
Add 1 garlic clove, minced
-1 head cabbage, chopped
-1 teaspoon curry powder
-Salt to taste
How to prepare:
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook until softened.
2. Add in the minced garlic clove and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the chopped cabbage and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the cabbage is cooked, stir in the curry powder and salt to taste.
Serve with rice or naan bread and enjoy!
How do I make Pigs In A Blanket with cabbage?
Pigs in a blanket are a classic appetizer that can be enjoyed any time of year. But Pigs in a blanket are most popular as Christmas appetizers. They usually come in pre-made packets but for those looking to make their own, here’s a recipe for pigs in a blanket with cabbage.
This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few ingredients, so it’s perfect for last-minute entertaining. Serve these pigs in a blanket with cabbage with your favorite dipping sauce and watch them disappear!
1 head of cabbage
1 pound of pork
Dipping sauce of your choice
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut cabbage into thin strips, about 1/4-inch wide.
3. Wrap each strip of cabbage around a piece of pork, making sure to tuck in the ends so the filling doesn’t fall out.
4. Place pigs in a blanket on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until pork is cooked through and cabbage is tender.
Optimal to add some shredded cheese before baking them in the oven.
If you want to serve the cabbage raw. Bake the sliced sausage with some garlic in a pan untill they are crispy and roll them into the raw cabbage leaves.
This way the rolls are more sturdy for dipping.
Cabbage is a delicious and versatile vegetable that you can use in many different dishes. Whether you’re looking for a traditional Southern fried cabbage dish, or something with a bit more of an Indian flair, there are plenty of recipes out there to choose from.
Cabbage is also a great way to add some extra nutrition to your diet, so don’t be afraid to experiment with this fantastic vegetable.